Fasírt is a Hungarian meatball which is made from ground meat (most often pork), bread, eggs, onions and garlic and flavored with paprika, black pepper and salt. The fasírt is then fried in fat or oil and serve with creamed vegetable dishes such as Creamed Spinach, Creamed Squash or or mashed potatos and pickled vegetables.
My fasírt recipie:
- 1/2 kg minced pork or turkey meat
- one egg two slices of bread soaked in water
- 1/4 grated onion
- 3 cloves grated garlic salt, black pepper and red paprika powder to taste
- bread crumbs
- Mix well the ingredients.
- Make meat balls.
- Turn the meat balls in bread crumbs.
- Freid in hot oil and serve!