My husband, Vitya celebrated his 34th birthday yesterday. For this occasion I've surprised him with this wonderful and delicious "double decker" cake. :) (baked by me : ) He liked it, hope you like it too!
The recipe is very simple!
400 g flour
50o g sugar
8 tbs hot water
juice of a half lemon
1 tsp baking powder
500 g mascarpone cheese
icing sugar(to taste)
1 little pack frozen red fruits (strawberry, raspberry, etc.)
I. Bake the cake layers:
1. Mix yolks with sugar, add the 8 tbs water and mix.
2. Add the lemon juice, the flour and the baking powder and mix well.
3. Add the whipped white of eggs. Then put the mass into two different size cake forms.
4. Both of them bake at 180 Celsius preheated oven, for 25-30 minutes.
II. Create the creams:
1. Prepare vanilla pudding.
2. Defrost the fruits and liquidize and mix with the mascarpone cheese to create a smooth cream. (If necessary evaporate with little instant vanilla pudding) and add icing sugar to taste.
III. Create and decorate the cake!
1. If the first cake is lukewarm, cut half the cake, smear the layers with vanilla cream (or vanilla pudding) and sprinkle with almond shavings on the top.
2. If the second and smaller cake is also lukewarm cut half and smear the layers with the mascarpone-fruits cream and decorate on the top.
3. Assemble the whole cake and decorate with fruits.