Monday, December 29, 2008
I baked this sunny cake with vanilla cream for my daughter’s name day. Yes, today is 29th of December and day of Tamra in Hungary.
Tamara, happy name day to you! :)
The recipe is similar like my Hedgehog cake recipe. Just let free your imagination and be creative!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
My poppy seed cakes for Christmas:
20 dkg flour
20 dkg sugar
1/4 liter milk
15 dkg ground poppy seeds
1. Mix the eggs with sugar and the milk.
2. Add and the poppy seeds, the flour and the baking powder and mix well.
3. Finally put the whole mass into the pan and bake at 180 Celsius preheated oven, for 20-25 minutes.
4. After baking create forms.
I wish all of you Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Merry Christmas to Vera and Panni (my sister and her daughter), written by my six and half years old son :)
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
I got cold and flu, hence I wanted to cook something simple, easily prep-able, but healthy meal. So I prepared onion soup and in spite of the fact that it was my first onion soup attempt it was very delicious. I'm sure this soup I will cook again and again and again... and the flu is not necessary for it :)
Well, let's see the ingredients:
3 piece of onions, 1 cloves of garlic, bouillon cube, 4 dkg butter or olive oil, 2 tbs flour, pepper, salt and ground nutmeg (to taste), 10 dkg ground cheese, parsley, toast cubes
1. Heat the olive oil (or the butter) in a large pot over medium-high flame. Add thinly slice onions and sauté until translucent. Add the flour.
2. Add water and the bouillon cube and add the smashed garlic and the spices and let it simmer on low heat until the onion is cooked.
3. Serve with ground cheese, fresh parsley and with toast cubes !