Tuesday, July 29, 2008
"Mákos kifli" is not the same like our "mákos guba". Mákos guba is a special Hungarian dessert made of crescent rolls, poppy seed and milk. While mákos kifli is a home made crescent roll stuffed with poppy seeds. The recipe of my "mákos kifli" dough is the same like the recipe of my cocoa snail dough.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
1. Make a sponge cake with cocoa. (Ingredients for the base sponge cake: 6 egg, 30 dkg flour, 37,5 dkg sugar, 6 tbs hot water, 1 dl milk, 1 tsp baking powder, 3 tbs cocoa powder)
2. Mix a cottage cheese cream from 25 dkg Hungarian cottage cheese, 20 dkg icing sugar, 1 pack vanilla sugar, 15 dkg butter, 1 tbs sour cream.
3. If the cake sheet is cold smear with the cottage cheese cream.
4. Cook "jaffa cream" from 1 pack instant vanilla pudding, 1 or 1,5 dl jaffa (orange) syrup and 3 dl water. Add sugar to taste and finally carefully cover the cake with the "jaffa cream".
5. Serve, but before take some photos about your work! :)
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Of course gofri is not a typical Hungarian food (it originates from Belgian), but I have got a gofri baker and I found a very good recipe on "Mindmegette" page, which is one of the most popular Hungarian recipe site.
After that I tried this recipe out, my 6 years old son said: "mummy you baked me The Cake of My Life" :)))
Let's take a look the recipe of the cake of my son's life :)
40 dkg flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 3 egg, 12 dkg butter, 1 pack vanilla sugar, 12 dkg sugar, little salt, half liter milk
1. Separate the yolks from the egg whites. Whip the egg white until stiff. Mix all other ingredients and then carefully, add the whipped egg white.
4. Bake in the gofri baker for 4 minutes (per piece).
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
I do love the sour cherry season! And when the fresh sour cherry season is here then I must bake sponge cake with sour cherry as often as possible :)