Friday, February 15, 2008

My new toy and the "potato bread"

my new toy

This bread baker is fabulous! This is my new toy :) I got from my parents for my birthday. Thank you, again!

result of my first "bread attempt"

This white bread was the result of my first "bread attempt". I can say that my first attempt already was successful, because we ate all of the bread :) But I guess my potato bread (its called it in Hungarian "krumplis" or "burgonyás kenyér") was the most delicious among my attempts.
Let's take a look the ingredients!

2 piece little peeled, cooked and smashed potatoes
1,5 dl milk
1 dl water
450 gram flour
1 tbs sugar
1 ts salt
20 gram margarine
10 gram yeast

Let's bake on basic program with medium crust color!

3 comments:

GMG said...

Hi Nori, thanks for your comment on Blogtrotter. Budapest is one of my favourites cities, since my first visit in 1978. Amazing pictures from that trip may be seen here.
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nori
Want to tell you how much I appreciate your blog! I love your recipes and stories. My grandparents are from Hungary and your blogs help me get in touch with my heritage. Also, I'm making your fruit cake next week. Wish me luck!
Peggy

Nóri said...

Peggy,
thanks for your nice comment! and I wish you luck for your fruit cake!:))) Hope you will tell me the result! :)