Saturday, December 22, 2007

Some traditional Hungarian Christmas main dishes

After the typical Hungarian Christmas cakes, let me share with you some traditional Hungarian Christmas main dishes too.


Hungarian fish soup, we call it "halászlé"
(originally uploaded by elorup)


(originally uploaded by Norci)


Roasted turkey stuffed with chestnut
(photo from chello forum)


Jelly ("kocosnya" in Hungarian)
(Photo from mindmegette.hu)


Fried fish
(originally uploaded by Norci)


Turkey ragout soup with tarragon
(originally uploaded by Norci)


As you can see in Hungary the stuffed cabbage, the wide variation of turkey and fish are the most important foods for Christmas Eve.

2 comments:

ChiliLady said...

i love that fish soup!!!

I wish you Merry Christmas!!

Andrea said...

Hi Nori,

I love your blog and added it to my list of 'favourite travel, culture and photo blogs' on my page, http://occasionaltravelphotos.blogspot.com/

Andrea