Saturday, April 19, 2014
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
1 piece of mature avocado
1 or 2 cloves of garlic
100 gram yogurt
salt and black pepper (to taste)
1 tbl spoon fresh lemon juice
1. Peel and smash the avocado and the garlics and mix the ingredients with a fork
2. Serve the cream with rye bread and decorate the "green breads" with olives and radish (or another vegetables) and finally serve the children of Shrek and Fiona! :)
Monday, April 14, 2014
"Tiramisu" for children with fresh strawberry :)
icing sugar (to taste)
a cup of chocolate milk
lady (sponga) fingers
1. Mash the straberries and mix with the other inredients (yogurt, mascarpone and icing sugar)
2. Soak the ladyfingers in hot chocolate and create the cake, start with a layer of soaked ladyfingers and countinue with the cream.
3. Decorate with strawberries (as you can see in the picture) and serve!
Thursday, April 3, 2014
It's a light pancake (with flour and grits (semolina)), cut up while it's frying and topped with fruits and powdered sugar or jam.
1,5 cup semolina
4-5 tsp flour
cups/750 ml milk
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 pack vanilla sugar
3 eggs, separated
½ cup sugar
butter or oil for frying
powdered sugar, compote or jam or all three as topping
1. Mix together the semolina, flour and milk. Let it sit for an hour or so to let the semolina absorb the milk.
2. Mix the egg yolks together with sugar and stir it into the milk mixture.
3. Whip the egg whites and a pinch of salt into firm peaks and fold it into the milk/egg mixture.
4. Melt the butter and add the batter. Stir the batter with a spatula or wooden spoon until it starts to form little clumps – crumbs. Depending on the size of the pan this can take up to 30 minutes.
5. Serve hot with powdered sugar or with jam, or with compote or fresh fruits.
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
"Sztrapacska" with vension (deer) stew.
For the recipe of "sztrapacska" click on here.
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Prep time: 3 hours (includes about 2 hours to let the dough rise)
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
We'd spent the last few days in Palóc Country, which is home to Hungary's largest Catholic ethnic minority, in north-eastern Hungary and in the southern part of Slovakia. We'd really enjoyed our trip, and we tasted the authentic and delicious palóc goulasch.
It's made of lamb with green beans :)